Friday 2 April 2010

Preview: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Apologies: I used to put prices as a service for those who wanted to know, but I no longer do it. ^__^ Hyaluronic Acid is one of the wonder-ingredients in many skincare and cosmetic products, and it is one of the key ingredients in Neutrogena's Hydro Boost range of skincare products.
"Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a glycosaminoglycan (GAG), which is a substance that attaches to collagen and elastin to form cartilage. HA not only helps keep the cartilage that cushions joints strong and flexible, but also helps increase supplies of joint-lubricating synovial fluid. Hyaluronic acid is present in every tissue of the body, and it performs many important functions. It helps deliver nutrients to and carry toxins from cells that do not have a blood supply, such as those found in cartilage; without adequate amounts of HA, the joints will become brittle and deteriorate. Not only does it keep joints lubricated, but hyaluronic acid also encourages water retention in other bodily tissues. Hyaluronic acid is gaining popularity in the cosmetic and medical industries. Cosmetic products containing hyaluronic acid claim to hydrate the skin, allowing it to appear smoother and more radiant. Clinical studies have shown that it also helps wounds heal more quickly, and can reduce the appearance of both old and new scars. Injectible hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane, are being to lessen the appearance of lines, sagging and depressions in the skin caused by acne scars or injury. "
Neutrogena's Hydro Boost range of products promises to deliver an intensive hydration boost with its innovative Progressive Release System that not only releases moisture steadily into the skin for continuous all-day hydration but also addresses the root causes of inner skin dryness. Combining advanced hydrating elements that replenishes and repairs skin from within, Hydro Boost promises to protect the skin from the damaging effects of the environment. It has a unique formulation containing highly-purified hyaluronic acid which absorbs up to 1,000 times its weight in water and releases it into skin steadily over time, and olive extract derived from highly purified olive oil, which effectively rebuilds skin's natural moisture shield, preventing moisture loss. It is dermatologist tested, with an oil-free and non-comedogenic formulation that promises instant absorbsion into the skin and hydrate with a non-greasy feel. The Hydro Boost range of products includes Hydro Boost Mousse Cleanser, Hydro Boost Clear Lotion, Hydro Boost Essence, Hydro Boost Water Gel and Hydro Boost Mask. I have been sent a set of the entire range of Neutrogena Hydro Boost products and will be trying them over the next few days. Currently this is my clean, unmade-up skin, photo is un-touched and shows my pores and freckles (ugh) in their full "glory". This photo was taken last night, right after cleansing and before my skincare regimen, ie. bare skin with no creams/lotions on it. My skin is on the dry side, aging (so ok, I'm a couple of years shy of 40, so it's inevitable) and very fragile/sensitive/hyper-reactive. My current skincare regimen includes face wash, lotion, serums and creams from Kanebo Impress, Impress IC and Skinceuticals. I will halt use of my personal products, with the exception of my whitening serums (which the Hydro Boost collection does not have). I will also continue using Shu Uemura cleansing oil which is my current makeup remover (oh this reminds me I should do a post on the cleansing oils that I bought). I will be reviewing each of the products and providing more information in detail over the next few days and will post photos of the status of my skin as I use the products. Hope you enjoy this "experimental" new way of reviewing products, which I hope provides a more structured and "scientific" review process. © Copyright. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i gotta give this a try! thanks for sharing!

QingKoo said...

nice one!thanks for your sharing!:)loveit

iheartkoreanbeauty said...

Hello Aichaku!

Congrats on your successful site- so many followers! I hope I have as many soon ;)

I notice that you do sponsored product reviews so was wondering if you would be willing to advertise my Korean beauty blog shop

(iheartkoreanbeauty.blogspot.com)

selling all beauty products Korean from jewellery to skincare) in return for free samples? I sell at lower prices than the retail shops :)

Hope to hear from you soon- would be delighted if you check out my shop :)

Cheers
Z

Lori said...

Wow! I love this product! Have you heard of LuckyChic.com? It is a fun new site that offers great deals on luxury items. You should check it out, I got an awesome deal on a beauty gift card.