- Buy only what I really want or what I know is good stuff that will work
- Conquer The Evil Dark Eye Circles with concealor and all other known methods
- errrmmmm ..... I think that's all ...
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
Tuesday, 30 December 2008
Monday, 29 December 2008
Sunday, 28 December 2008
Lunasol Party Coffret 2008 EX04 Soft Silver Lighting Texture: Smooth, creamy. Colours: Very natural and I feel flattering on me. Pigmentation: Moderately sheer but can be built up. Don't need alot for colours to be visible. Lasting Power: Very good. Does not fall into my creases. Does not fade. Final Verdict: I will purchase Lunasol again. I'm tempted to say I'll only buy Lunasol next year, but I have in mind to try Chanel and Dior, so I can't make such a decision. But I can say, this is one brand I will definitely stick to.
Texture: Relatively smooth, not too powdery Colours: Natural and flattering. Brightens up the eye area. Pigmentation: Very sheer. Needs alot of application to build up but doesn't really give a loud pop of colour. This suits me, but may not be good for others who like more colour. I used the purple shades more, as I've been told pink doesn't flatter me because it makes my eyes puff up more ... personally I'm not so self-aware so I don't know. Maybe I need to buy more purples & mauves instead. Lasting Power: Not so lasting. Does not fall into creases but fades and requires reapplication. Final Verdict: It's cheap. So for variety, it's a brand I might buy again if the colours are fun enough.
Majolica Majorca Christmas Ltd 2008 BR788
Texture: Smooth, not powdery. Colours: The soft shimmer adds sparkle to the eye. Natural but this colour appears a little dull on me. It gives me a very nude and pale look. Maybe a bit too washed out. Pigmentation: Quite sheer. Needs a few applications to build up yet never really becomes intense. Lasting Power: Not lasting. Does not fall into creases but fades and requires reapplication. Final Verdict: As with Fasio, it's cheaper. It's a brand I will buy again if I feel I need more variety and some fun. -----------------------------
Majolica Majorca Christmas Ltd 2008 BR799
Colours: Again I like the soft shimmer that is not too "young". The pink turns out looking a little more brown on my eyes, so it ends up as another nude look but this one is a little more flattering, I do not look so washed out.
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Saturday, 27 December 2008
Friday, 26 December 2008
Thursday, 25 December 2008
Wednesday, 24 December 2008
Creme de la Mer THE MIRACLE Even now, it is not entirely clear how Crème de la Mer works. For us schooled in logic, it is something of a jolt to the imagination. But facts are facts and certainly the proof can be seen on the faces of those who use it. In a short time, skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Aging lines and pores are noticeably less visible. Even the driest of complexions are healed. Sensitivities are soothed. And, of course, there are some who insist it has produced astonishing results - as Dr. Max Huber witnessed. No wonder many who have tried every cream available remain steadfast in their devotion to Crème de la Mer. THE LEGACY Today, Crème de la Mer's Miracle Broth™ is manufactured by the same slow, meticulous bio-fermentation process created by Dr. Max Huber. And because kelp has natural anti-microbial properties, only the tiniest amounts of preservatives are necessary to maintain its long shelf life. This extraordinary Crème must be individually hand-filled in order to sustain its delicate balance.© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Monday, 22 December 2008
- The SA applied moisturiser to soften and hydrate my undereye.
- Then, she used a Bobbi Brown concealor brush to dip and pick up a little eye brightener. She told me I could use any small eyeshadow brush with a compact brush head approximately the same size as the Bobbi Brown concealor brush.
- She dotted the eye brightener below my eyes, then blended lightly and also blended downwards toward the cheek area.
- After blending, she used her finger to pat and even out the eye brightener a little more.
- Not all my dark shadows are covered after this, so she picked up concealor with the concealor brush and dabbed it on only the darkest areas. Again blending carefully and lightly, then pat to even out.
- Use only a little (she told me not too much) powder to set. She used a small powder brush to pick up the powder and brush it on lightly.
This method has helped to create a brighter eye area for me and also conceal my dark circles rather more effectively than when I was only using concealor (Thank you Fuzkittie for the recommendation!). Now it's just up to me to practise so I can do it quickly and achieve a consistent good result.
By the way, I don't use the Bobbi Brown cream concealor. I am using the Mac Select Moisture Cover which I bought previously and my Mac Studio Perfect Powder Foundation or Benefit Georgia (the orange-peach-pink combination seems to work best for my dark circles).
Cream concealors tend to settle thickly and cake up on my dry skin, so I avoid them like a plague. Fortunately the Bobbi Brown eye brightener is more liquid and is moisturising enough for me to use with comfort. © Copyright. All rights reserved.
Sunday, 21 December 2008
"A sensitive skin is a thin or a fine-textured skin. It reacts quickly to both heat and cold; therefore, it sunburns and windburns easily. It is commonly dry, delicate and prone to allergic reactions. Temperature changes, some detergents, cosmetics and alcohol (used on the skin) can all cause irritation, leaving the skin red and blotchy, with visible surface veins."
- Does your skin get extra dry after you wash it with soap?
- Does your skin get extra oily and break out after you use particular types of moisturizers?If you answered Yes to one or both of these questions, you may have sensitive skin.
- Does your skin get red, itch, burn, or feel "tight" after coming into direct or indirect contact with perfumes and/or particular shampoos, shaving creams, detergents, dish soaps, hair sprays, cleaning products, or deodorants? What irritates sensitive skin includes many household and personal products. The fragrances and dyes in just about every household product, and many personal care products, can cause irritation either from direct contact or even from deposits left on your clothes, towels, or bedding. If you have any of the classic signs and symptoms of sensitive skin in Question 3, try to use hypoallergenic products without ingredients known to cause skin reactions.
- Does your skin get red, itch, burn, or feel "tight" after extended exposure to sun, wind, heat, or cold? Sensitive skin often reacts to extreme weather conditions. In fact, anything in the environment that damages your skin's natural protective barrier against water evaporation -- called sebum -- can irritate sensitive skin.
- Do you have acne or psoriasis? People with acne, psoriasis, or skin conditions like eczema often have sensitive skin. These conditions impair immune system functioning and/or destroy the skin's protective barrier. If you have of these conditions,you may have sensitive skin.
Classic Signs of Sensitive Skin
- Tingling, tightening, cutaneous discomfort without visible signs.
- Easily reacts to products
- Overreaction to external factors: shaving, stress, aesthetic procedures,…
- Diffuse redness, drying, recurrent irritation of the skin
Contact Dermatitis Symptoms
Telling allergic contact dermatitis apart from irritant contact dermatitis can be very difficult. Allergic dermatitis is usually confined to the area where the trigger actually touched the skin, whereas irritant dermatitis may be more widespread on the skin
- A red rash is the usual reaction. It appears immediately in irritant contact dermatitis, but sometimes in allergic contact dermatitis the rash does not appear for 1-2 days after the exposure.
- Your skin may blister, or you may get a raised red rash, called hives, sometimes in a pattern that points to the offending agent.
- Your skin will itch and perhaps burn. Irritant contact dermatitis tends to be more painful than itchy.
- Irritant contact dermatitis often affects the hands, which have been exposed by resting in or dipping into a container (sink, pail, tub) containing the irritant.
- Once a reaction starts, it may take as long as 4 weeks to resolve completely.
Saturday, 20 December 2008
Friday, 19 December 2008
Thursday, 18 December 2008
Wednesday, 17 December 2008
In addition to taking these oils, I also take Vitamin B supplements to assist me in coping with my busy life. I'm also told it'll be good for my hair. One thing I forgot to get is a multivitamin to ensure I have enough nutrients like magnesium and zinc, also good for hair and skin. Ofcourse, one should be like Fuzkittie and also make sure one eats fruits and vegetables, plus avoid toxic foods that are bad for the body and skin. Personally, I'm quite lazy, very busy and eat out often, so I try to balance all that eating out by taking supplements, plus fruits and vegetables as much as possible.
As I was saying earlier, these supplements provide numerous health benefits. Additionally, from skin care point, I do recommend the Omega 3 and Omega 6 supplements even if one eats healthily. Specific to the skin, I find they helped alleviate my numerous skin sensitivities and normalise my skin.By the way, I'd recommend my nutritionist friend, Yondi at Ascension Healing, to anyone in Singapore, who'd like to improve their health. Besides having post-grad qualifications in nutrition and holistic medicine from Melbourne, her basic degree was in psychology, so I personally find her a very understanding and caring health-care provider. LOL, she sure knows how to listen and provide the appropriate natural healing prescriptions. Be sure to let her know Karen sent you her way. ^___^ © Copyright. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, 16 December 2008
- I'm returning That Darned Bling Bling Bag!!
- Using Lunasol's blush (Contrasting Cheeks N Soft Silver Blush) from the Party Coffret: It's beeeeautiful on me! The first blush I like!! Ever! I always hate blush because I don't really like too much colour on my face. I thought plums suit me better for a natural look but this is one gorgeous sheer, natural colour that brightens my face and freshens me up. I need to rethink my blush colour choices.
- Putting on a peachy-pink concealor combination of Mac and Bourjoir then adding more eye gel on top to remove/prevent cakiness (tip from Benefit SA) seems to help, but I still can' t get rid of the supreme darkness residing in the inner botton corners of my eyes. Shall go look at Bobbi Brown's eye brightener today - wish me luck - hope the SA is good and not haughty like the one I spoke to on Sunday.
Monday, 15 December 2008
Sunday, 14 December 2008
Saturday, 13 December 2008
- the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer bisque
- eye couture day-to-night eyeshadow palette eyeshadow palette
- we wish you health skinvigorating™ set
- vitamin infused lipgloss powered by BORBA apple-a-day (iridescent raspberry rose sheen)
- double-ended lipgloss lloyd & diane
- purse your lips limited-edition super fruit lip gloss clutch multi
Friday, 12 December 2008
Wednesday, 10 December 2008
Conclusion about Kanebo
Overall, I found my experience with Kanebo's SAs quite positive. I liked the Kanebo Takashimaya SAs best, fortunately, because from what I understand, it's the only counter that carries Lunasol. I even recommended a friend, Pinky, to visit Takashimaya's Kanebo counter when she experienced bad service from the Robinsons' Centrepoint Kanebo counter while searching for skincare.
However, I'm again disappointed the SAs did not offer any samples without me asking. And I suspect even if I ask, I won't get any samples. I think I'm spoilt by my experiences at counters like Fancl, Korean cosmetic stores and even Jurlique and Lush. I'm extremely spoilt by my experiences shopping in Taipei where samples are given freely for any cosmetics I purchase.
I must make an additional comment about Coffret Dor's Sweet Dressy Party Palette. After I reviewed it, I've used that palette several other times and my opinion of the palette has changed a little. When I use the Eye Fantasist as a base, the Sweet Dressy palette is actually very useable, not powdery at all and the colours show through better, so, I begin to like it quite a bit and I think I can consider looking at Kanebo's other eye makeup items.© Copyright. All rights reserved.