I'll be back soon in 2010 with more beauty and skin care reviews and opinions. Got lots to share. Meanwhile, take care and have a blessed holiday season.© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Friday, 25 December 2009
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Sent from my iPhone
New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
Monday, 2 November 2009
Wednesday, 28 October 2009
So far, I've been doing this properly for about 2-3 days and I've already felt my bloating reduced. My feet and stomach don't feel so swollen anymore. I hope I can continue this for a bit longer and maybe even reduce my weight too!!
I'm heading to the doctor's to review my medication, as it is part of the cause of my recent weight gain. I don't think it's good for me if it makes me gain so much weight in such a short time. Hopefully he'll give me something else, or maybe say I can get off the medicine soon. :D
Monday, 19 October 2009
DHC Camu Camu White Lotion
"Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myrciaria Dubia Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate"
DHC Camu Camu White Essence
"Allantoin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Dequalinium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Phosphate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Glycerides, Laureth-7, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Myrciaria Dubia Seed Extract, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 80, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Sorbitan Stearate, Water"DHC Camu Camu White Cream "Water, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Myrciaria Dubia Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside,Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Glycerides, Behenyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Oleate, Dimethicone, Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Allantoin, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Dequalinium Chloride" © Copyright. All rights reserved.
Saturday, 17 October 2009
Monday, 12 October 2009
Saturday, 10 October 2009
Sunday, 4 October 2009
Read on to find out more about Enchant and also to enter a contest to win a Herb Mild Foam Cleanser worth S$30.
"Enchant is a revolutionary beauty product created to maintain healthy skin and to serve as an anti-aging device. By using renown traditional Korean herbs which speed up skin metabolism and circulation of blood, Enchant reinforces the skin's natural self protection process. Enchant reinforces the skin's natural self protection process. Enchant was designed for anyone who wants to maintain healthy smooth skin and to delay the natural aging process. Containing more than 30 all-natural ingredients such as Korean cherry extract, apricot stone and castor-oil, Enchant is able to use nature to improce the appearance of skin. The processing method is so special that it was given patent number 107305."
MF Natural Cleansing Oil
"Restoring and Balancing Nature's Intentions for the Skin
The natural ingredients efficiently remove all traces of makeup gently yet effectively as well as other types of pore clogging dirt while mainting the skin's natural sebum levels. The result is skin that is balanced, soft and comfortable.
Directions: Place 2-3 pumps of cleansing oil onto dry hands and gently massage oil onto a dry face with dry hands. Dampen hands, and emulsify oil by massagins a small amount of warm water on top of the oil. Rinse well with lukewarm water.
Main Ingredients: Apricot kennel oil, Complex active vitamins, Pine Resin oil, Camellia oil, Rice Bran oil
Net Contents: 210ml"
A very effective cleanser that removes all makeup including powder, eye-makeup, mascara and eyeliner. Rinses off clean. I still double-cleansed with a foaming cleanser as is my usual habit but some people might find it ok to just use this cleanser on its own. A tad less liquid than most other cleansers I've tried, the sticky consistency makes initial dry application slightly difficult, but after using water, the cleanser emulsifies efficiently making the massage process smooth and easy.
These do not take away the effectiveness of the product but I personally didn't take to the packaging, design and strong fragrance. I think it might be the smell of the Camellia that threw me off. It brings back strong memories of old ladies, I think it might be my strong personal association of the smell to my grandmother. The packaging also gives me an impression of a throw back to retro products.
MF Natural Multi BB Cream
"Soothing, Brightening and Protecting the Skin
The Natural Multiu BB (Blemish Balm) cream supplies sufficient nutrition from herbal ingredients to damaged skin caused by peeling, UV rays and other stresses and also revitalizes physiological functions. Furthermore, it has sedation, rejuvenation and spot-covering effects. The sedation effect allows for better moisture absorption from particular Korean herbal ingredients. The process rejuvenates tired sensitive skin caused by various stimulations. By using certain water proof characters from Liquid Mineral Technology and also complex herbal powders such as Lonicera flower and Coix seed, the cream not only absorbs sebum and sweat but covers skin spots naturally and maintains skin color. As result of its positive effects, BB Cream has become extremely popular in Korea and Japan as well.
Directions: For skin protection and natural-looking coverage, lightly pat a small amoutn of product over entire face in the final stage of basic skin toning. The cream is excellent for use as sun cream, makeup-base, or a foundation for natural -looking coverage.
Main Ingredients: Apricot Kernal, Mume fructus, Cypress, Pine Bud, Complex active vitamins,
Net Contents: 50ml"
The BB cream emerges from the tube in 2 layers, one watery and another creamy, though I was careful to shake the bottle thoroughly before pressing out the cream. However, it spread out nicely and mixed in together well upon application. The cream is on the dry side and provides a good coverage and a matte finish. Personally I prefer a glowy finish and sheer coverage, as you can see the BB cream accentuated most of my skin flaws, such as dryness, open pores (from aging) and creases. It's also abit too pink and pale for me, even though I do have slightly more pink undertones in my skin compared to most Asians. I think it'll be a good BB Cream for skin that requires good oil control and coverage.
While wearing this cream, I received alot of stares and second looks, I wonder if it's because I looked prettier than usual or is it because the cream is too light for me? LOL!!! Buahaha.
3 lucky readers will win a prize each of one Herb Mild Foam Cleanser (S$30) sponsored by Dermona.
- Open to followers of my blog, who are Singaporean or have a Singapore address.
- Leave a comment, remember to sign in with your blogger ID or leave an email, and provide all-correct answers to these two questions:
- Where are Enchant products manufactured?
- Name one Main Ingredient in MF Natural Cleansing Oil
Friday, 2 October 2009
Long-time readers will recall the post I made about how the skin-analysis machine proclaimed my melanine levels have dropped and my skin is in a normal-balanced state. Thank God I still have some sample size bottles and satchets I received as freebies and gift-with-purchases. I can use those before I find some time to get to the trusty Kanebo counters at either Takashimaya or BHG.
And what do you know? While I was at the website, I read that the lotion is for normal to oily skin! Gawsh, no wonder I am reacting badly to it! An SA actually said today that my skin looked alittle aggravated and allergic to something. I couldn't agree more with her. I need to stop using that lotion. Silly me for not finding out about the product before using it!
Freak me out! It says on that website that it functions with Bleaches & Lighteners!!! GREAT! No wonder my skin was peeling and going nuts!
This teaches me a great big lesson on the evils of complacency!!! Buahahaha. Time to stop using those 2 items and perhaps put them up on the sale blog? Hmm? Any interest? I mean, these 2 products did have great reviews elsewhere, so they do work for some people and you might be one of them. I'll be selling them cheap, cause I didn't pay too much for them anyway.
Thursday, 1 October 2009
I've been using DHC Acerola Lotion for almost a week and Paul & Joe Whitening Emulsion for about 2 weeks. I had heard and read alot of good reviews about these 2 items but I found them both to be less than ideal for my skin. This proves that skincare and makeup is all about finding your personal optimum levels based on your own skin and preferences. After some time of trying out things based on reviews, I find that it's best take the reviews together with knowledge of the reviewer's skintype and preferences.
My own skin is, as I have stated in my "Beauty Profile", aging/maturing, hence I find it is getting drier and requires much more help. On the other hand, I have hyper-reactive skin which doesn't do well with too strong or powerful ingredients. Hence, I think I can never say it enough, but when reading my reviews, do keep these considerations in mind. :D
The problems I faced with these 2 products sum up the above points. I found both items a bit harsh. Something in these 2 products made my skin turn red and bumpy. Unfortunately, I didn't behave like a good reviewer, I didn't look at the ingredients list nor did I keep the boxes! So you have to just base this reviews on my personal descriptions.
DHC Acerola Lotion dries out my skin quite abit and doesn't add the moisture or hydration that I have come to expect from lotions. I think it's probably a better product for oilier and younger skin that is more resilient?
Paul & Joe Whitening Emulsion is a product I picked up from a recent Prestige sale and I am told it's a discontinued item. While I love Paul & Joe makeup bases, I found Whitening Emulsion didn't do much for me. It doesn't give a deep-down moisturising and hydration for my skin. It functions well enough as a surface moisturiser, ie. it gives a surface boost and a layer to protect the skin but I personally found that it lacked a deep-down hydration that I need. After I use it in the morning, I find my base makeup doesn't apply smoothly. As such, it's to be expected that I won't find it moisturising enough for the night.
In terms of whitening, I didn't find it doing anything for me either. I also found my skin turning flakey and blotchy, I lost the glowy clarity that I achieved when I was using Kanebo's skincare. Again, I think this will function well for younger and oilier skin, like those other bloggers who reviewed this product and loved it. :D
After these 2 weeks of switching to something different, I'm considering if I should just go back to using Kanebo skincare and just forget about trying all the different skincare products and samples I picked up over the previous months from sales and from my travels? Would that defeat the purpose of a review blog?
Well, anyway, I'll be adding stuff to my sale blog, please do take a look at Beautification Stuff.
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Monday, 28 September 2009
- anna said... those are absolutely gorgeous!! i usually don't like green but that shade is amazing. haha. thanks for the giveaway and your amazing blog:) September 25, 2009 12:48 AM
- birkinbagbeauty said... wow, I love the new template and thank you for doing a giveaway that is open to the international fans of your blog as well.Ohh, something to say about myself. Mmm, I have a couple of pet-lizzards in my living room (boyfriend's pet)... September 25, 2009 12:56 AM
- Jamilla Camel said... Thanks for the international giveaway! You know that I'm addicted to Swarvoski ;-) September 25, 2009 1:06 AM
- amynaree said... what a cute giveaway :) I love all the pieces that you made especially the cell phone charm. I have an iphone too so now I really want one ^__* September 25, 2009 1:32 AM
- Hoa Dang said... I love your DIY stuff, especially those with crystal hearts. Something about myself: my toenails are always red...lol. September 25, 2009 1:35 AM
- adin_22 said... hi!!!You really make gorgeous jewelries...I'm trying to make some charms using polymer clay but I suck at it big time...I just don't have crafting talent but I used to be good in craft...I just don't know what's happening to me right now......and wow....another giveaway...I'm in....hehe.... September 25, 2009 1:39 AM
- Babybubblz said... gorgeous jewelry, very simple and elegant! hmm something about me, i'm trying to go to the gym 3x a week for turbo kick boxing. it's very high energy, but motivation to go can be hard... September 25, 2009 2:09 AM
- indramcryan said... Hi!I'm a new follower.Gorgeous giveaway!...something about myself....I'm crazy about dark chocolate!=))x September 25, 2009 2:48 AM
- cleung341 said... Your pieces are lovely. I live in the US and am a full time student who is studying to become a radiologic technologist. Thanks for the give away. September 25, 2009 2:54 AM
- Shopn'Chomp said... Thank you so much for doing this! Your jewelry making skills are amazing. :)About me: The hubs and I went to Singapore for the first time last year and had the best crab dish we had ever tasted: CHILI CRAB!!!! Oh I am just drooling now thinking about this dish. Hope to be able to go back soon! September 25, 2009 5:09 AM
- LT said... You're very talented! Love those pieces.Little about me? I'm just a mom to 2 and loving it. September 25, 2009 7:46 AM
- K said... Wow, so pretty!!!Something about myself? I'm a big fan of fountain pens! They are so much easier to write with than regular pens in my opinion! September 25, 2009 7:55 AM
- SS said... Wow, all your work look great and very pretty. I have just started my handmade Swarvoski collection. If I win, yours would be my second piece. =)Something else about myself, we have met before. This is jackieatbtu. lol.Cheers and have a great F1 weekend. September 25, 2009 7:59 AM
- izumi said... verrryyy pretty :) i forgot to comment that your storefront you set up on facebook was really nice, though it IS adding on another app~ interesting feature though, i didn't know that existed xD September 25, 2009 8:17 AM
- Sherry said... ID sherrygosherrygo at hotmail dot comabout me :) I am handling over 20 blogs by myself. :) now I am making beading jewelry :) hehe. September 25, 2009 8:26 AM
- Beauty Snap said... Hey Aichaku! I love your new layout, it's very cute :)Thank you for doing an international giveaway, I always look forward to your posts when they come out. About myself... this is a strange fact but regarding attraction towards males, for physical attributes I like the back the most! LOL Couldn't think of anything else that is interesting... Anyway good luck with your new jewelry creations! September 25, 2009 8:35 AM
- sizbelle said... aichaku, you gals really make jewellery making looks so easy but too bad i'm not even 1% creative & talented to do it... September 25, 2009 10:08 AM
- Dina (XYYan) said... I love your jewelries!I always want to learn how to make jewelries but just too lazy to do it right away, hopefully one day i will do so.. hehe.. (i love crystals too!)Thanks for this amazing giveaway! September 25, 2009 10:15 AM
- Minoueel said... 2 thumbs up* gorgeous handiwork u have there. :) September 25, 2009 11:11 AM
- pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie said... I love love love your bag/handphone charms and necklaces :) Can I also get you to make a lanyard/necklace and bag charm for me? Email you on prices and stuff :) September 25, 2009 11:57 AM
- Stacieee said... oOoO your stuff is so cute! I just started getting into jewelry making too, its kind of addicting =) lol Anyways heres my entry to your wonderful giveaway~Something about myself, um..im always trying to gain some weight..lol September 25, 2009 12:18 PM Comment deleted This post has been removed by the author. September 25, 2009 12:22 PM
- stellarvixen said... you are soo gifted!thanks for holding a giveaway!a little secret bout me i'm a gamer freak- ps2, wii & pc game playing batman arkham asylumohh i especially like your hauls on the Japanese makeupswanna win your crystal~~ September 25, 2009 3:40 PM
- sara* said... Those are very pretty =)Thanks for the giveaway~!about me: I love Hello Kitty..alot September 25, 2009 7:51 PM
- wndxox said... love your jewellery pieces!some thing about myself - i'm going to a britney spears concert in nov. just had to share that, cos i'm really excited! :) September 25, 2009 8:14 PM
- mint said... thanks for the giveaway! i love earrings, i can never get enough of them x3 September 25, 2009 11:13 PM
- Lumy said... Hi~ I love everything you made :D so cute!Something about me... I've just entered University, I'm studying Biotechnology and I'm quite stressed right now! haha September 26, 2009 12:06 AM
- Eve said... the jewelry are beautiful. cute. well I will let you know stuff about myself. My name is eve, I am addicted to beauty products. No really I am. I buy something almost everyday, and I really need to stop because most of them are in boxes in my basement. and I love to make things like pillows and quilts. September 26, 2009 7:37 AM
- astrorainfall said... WOW - what a generous giveaway for your readers! Please count me in. :)Some of your creations look v sweet and pretty... September 26, 2009 3:36 PM
- Eva said... hi thanks!!! for the givawayi am a beauty addict too!! thats one thing aboutme check out my blog if you have time September 26, 2009 11:48 PM
- mayaari said... you've made some really gorgeous pieces of jewelry :) I'm a fellow jeweler as well, and something about me is that I really love fall/winter because I love wearing knee-high socks, haha September 27, 2009 10:22 AM
- shythi said... it's a great giveaway.. really wish I'm be luck enough to own some amazing gems. Well I'm a beauty addict who loves her BB cream and mineral makeup. I love online shopping too...who doesn't right esp if you are from Asia where everything is way more expensive... you know what i mean.. September 27, 2009 7:34 PM
Saturday, 26 September 2009
Thursday, 24 September 2009
- Open to all followers both international and local.
- Just put a comment, any comment in this blog entry and let me know something about yourself. Remember to sign in with your blogger ID so I can go read your blog too. :D
- One winner will be drawn using the Random.org random number generator.
- Entries will close on 27 Sep 09, Sunday, 10pm Singapore time and the winner will be announced on 28 Sep 09, Monday, 10pm Singapore time.
- a brand-new never-been-used made by Aichaku handphone charm and
- a sterling silver and swarovski crystal heart earring,
- together with some surprise skincare and makeup samples and items which I'm still putting together.