Saturday 20 November 2010

Sponsored Review: Heme 24Hr Hydrating Skin Care

This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

Fronted by S.H.E, a popular Taiwanese girl group whose members are Selina Jen, Hebe Tien, and Ella Chen, Heme, a Taiwanese beauty brand is huge on cute and sweet packaging. As I am writing this, I feel compelled to just send out a word of prayer for Selina, who was in the news recently, for having suffered severe burns in a filming accident.

I've mainly seen Heme products on Watsons shelves and recently received a set of skincare from the brand for review. The first thing that caught my eye is the pink-pink-pink packaging. It's just the right shade of pink that spells cute and sweet. Just the sort of shade that I like.

Here are the products that were sent to me.



After numerous problems with my skin, I'm trying out new products on my jawline instead of my entire face. So the reviews in this post are based on my skin reactions on the jawline.



24Hr Hydrating Face Moisturiser, 24Hr Hydrating Dema-white Night Jelly, 24Hr Recovery Serum




These products promise to hydrate and moisturise skin, with easy absorption and an ability to lock-in the moisture. With hyaluronic acid and peptids, it will smooth fine lines and tighten skin. The Night Jelly functions like a night mask.

REVIEW
Pros
  • Light pleasant floral scent mimicking rose  
  • Light water gel texture
  • Hydrating
  • Plumps up the skin
  • Temporary brightening of skin tone
Cons
  • Sticky 
  • Serum made my skin particularly itchy, I had to wash it off after a while.


24Hr Hydrating Sparkling White Mask, 24Hr Hydrating Ultra-White Lift V-Mask, Instant Lift & Whitening Eye Mask




These masks promise to provide intense and concentrated hydrating and brightening benefits, with the essence containing extract of Aloe and Collagen. The eye-mask also contains patented ingredients BIOPHYTEX LS8740, to brighten, de-puff and hydrate skin around the eyes.

REVIEW
Pros
  • Very thick and generous amount of serum
  • Hydrating
  • Nice, thick cloth sheets
  • Very hydrating
  • Temporary brightening of skin colour
Cons
  • Very sticky


VERDICT

YYY /5

Overall effective range of products but I had to minus points for the itching reaction from my skin. If you don't have sensitive skin, I'd say Heme's products are value-for-money and useful as basic skincare. It also gets points for the aesthetics of the product packaging. There isn't
 much difference in terms of extra-hydration between the serum, gel and cream, so I'd suggest you just choose the item that has the texture that you prefer. The masks didn't cause itching but I suspect that's because I didn't use them for too long and I rinsed off after using, because of the stickiness. I like the eye mask best!



You can read more about Heme's products at the Singapore site, which is still under construction, (http://www.heme.com.sg) or the Taiwanese site (http://www.heme.com.tw).

This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

© Copyright aichakubeautification. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

hydrating skin care said...

it seems to be a good news for the beauty tips.