Monday 18 May 2009

Masks, Masks, Masks.

I tried to do a spending freeze on non-essentials till June, but I got bored and went to the shops yesterday. Broke my spending freeze by buying masks, shoes & handbags.

I got a 20% discount, so bought some masks from The Body Shop. Too bad I missed the warehouse sale. I like paper masks for convenience but like to use wash off masks too, especially those that exfoliate/deep cleanse or smell great. 013copy I think I'm really easy to please? I tried and like the Blue Corn 3-in-1 scrub mask alot.

How to use it: Remove your makeup, (I also washed my face with my face wash but the SA said it's optional), dry it, then put on the mask. Let it dry sufficiently, then wet it and scrub your face.

It's refreshing (minty) and the scrub granules are not rough. I found it abit drying, so I'm keeping it for PMS periods when my T-zone produces abit more oil. I don't advise using this more than once a week. It feels like it did clear out the gunk in my pores. I've not tried the other 2 masks yet, but the SA said they're good for dry skin. I'll let you know how I feel about them after I've used them. I'm sure I'll like the Honey one too, cause it smells so good. The Aloe one is supposed to replenish moisture and enhance the sensitive skin's resilience. Since I'm on the topic of masks, I'll share more hauls I got when I was in Korea and Japan: When I was in Korea, Bittenbefore gave me a Caviar mask from Skin Food to try. I found it really made my skin moist and supple, when my skin was quite dry and stressed from all the flying and the weather. So when I hit the shops, I bought a few more and some others. A sample of what I got. 014copy These are the whitening ones which I bought. I haven't tried the Skin Food, which are patches for the cheek area. The Fancl and Blanchir are mild, but brighten the skin tone. 015copy An aside, I scrapbook for my hobby and haul stuff for scrapbooking too and lately, I've found myself having too much scrapbooking stuff. A friend suggested that I pack my extras into kits for ebay sale, and I tried packing last night.

Does this look interesting enough to you, have enough stuff to make you interested in buying? The large circle with words are raw chipboard that you can decorate and the oblong item below the photo are stamps.

006copy The photography is lacking, I admit that. I need to find new angles, better arrangement and better light for photographing the items. I seem to think I need to add more stuff. I also don't know how to price them. And I need to figure out the text for the ebay sale. :p

It's bothersome, isn't it? It seems like too much work, LOL, I'm on the verge of calling it quits before I've even properly started. :p © Copyright. All rights reserved.

14 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Lol! you hauled again!

I keep telling myself that it's better than overeating :)

I've never bothered with fleabay because it's too much trouble! Jamal is an occasional evilbay user, but you have to have one photo for each item.

ryder said...

oh mask, i had the sun irritation the other day, the only thing that helped me was a Cucumber mask

makeupmag said...

I'm so bad with masking, even though I have quite a few. Time to pull them out!

Blue corn is great!

Anonymous said...

ooo skin food i have yet to try it. i am a tad scared because some have said that for acne prone skin its not very good?

looks soo tempting though!! hehe nice haul

Laura L said...

nice haul. wow, soo many body shop items... :)omm

miRaCLe said...

I love that blue corn mask too! hahas. :D

ahh! love those paper for scrapbooking~~ ^^ hope you can sell them off smoothly~~ :D

birkinbagbeauty said...

I always LOVE your pictures in your posts...Scrapbooking looks like so much fun.
I will make a mental note of the Blue Corn mask: I have combination skin as well, and I love a refreshing mask every now and then

cleung341 said...

Love the scrapbooking extras. I have way too much too. I love the chipboard letters, they are so fun to work with. I usually buy papers like that too, bright flowery and just fun to look at.

izumi said...

ooo scrapbooking materials! how much are you thinking of selling a pack for? my girlfriends are really into it and that could be an awesome christmas present :D (yes my mind's already in december, LOL!)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Omg, all those masks! Great haul!

Unknown said...

Ooh another haul!!
LOL at Jamilla's comment.. ya hauling is def better than overeating or undersleeping. I think your pics are really nice, you don't need to change your style. Also, gluck w/ebay.. I'm quite obsessed with it these days, selling junk to fund my beauty spending!! hehe :D

prettybeautiful said...

im in dilemma whether to buy or not the TBS honey oat mask too...and the skinfood gold cavier really caught my attention!

Beauty For A Living said...

Oh, please make mask reviews! I never put on masks--I'm lazy and my husband gets scared of me haha--but if you really super endorse a mask, I'll try it!

MiuMiu said...

i love the skinfood snow tea mask sheet! except i didn't rub the liquid on my neck...then my face got lighter than my neck hahaha..but other than that..it worked XD