Friday 5 June 2009

More Body Shop Hauls & Etude House Opening

Thank you all for your get-well wishes, I've finally succumbed and swallowed the antibiotics that the doctor gave me. I went to see her last week. Then again this week on Wednesday because my cough and fever didn't subside. She said for a cough that lasts that long, it's probably microbacteria, and she wanted me to do a blood test!! Eek! I told her, "Nevermind, just give me the meds." But honestly, I resisted taking them, until yesterday, when my fever had me shivering and I was so phglemy! It was a good thing I ate those antibiotics, because today, the fever is down and I felt better, so I could go out for groceries. But then, I ended up not just getting groceries, because I saw more sales and bought stuff!! Darned Great Singapore Sale! *shake fist* LOL. I'm supposed to be saving money, but resistance is futile. Sale-sale-sale everywhere. I felt had to get those things, or I'll regret paying full price if I need them when the sale is over. I was telling some peeps I'm not going to get more Body Shop stuff, but I saw their masks going for much cheaper than usual. S$10 off if you buy 1, S$25 off if you buy 2. So I bought 2 others that I wanted to try. Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask (retails for S$32.90) and Moisture White Hydrating Mask (retails for S$39.90). I'm kind of a mask addict. I mask 2-3 times a week. A cleansing mask once a week, and moisturising/hydrating mask (sheet or wash off) 2 times a week. I don't have time to go for spa facials, so I do DIY "facial" by masking and scrubbing at home. :D 003copy According to the SA, Ionic Clay Mask can tell where your skin is dry and where it is oily, then hydrate or deep cleanse accordingly. So high-tech! LOL. I'll do a review when I have tried it and tell you if it's true. As for the Moisture White Hydrating Mask, it has whitening ingredients like Vitamin C and Liquorice to enhance the skin tone, plus it's hydrating. I liked it when the SA applied it on my hand. Also will try on my face and let you know how it is. I owe you all a couple of reviews on the other masks I bought. Some of you have asked about them. I've tried them all already, promise I'll make time to review them this weekend. Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Salt Scrub is really great. I've used it before. You apply it on slightly damp skin and the salt forms a gentle abrasion scrub that makes your skin soft and smooth. It normally retails for S$52.90. I love the smell and it's on such a good offer right now, 30% off, so I had to get it. I was telling Fuz that I obsess about my skincare routines, including the body and hair. Haha. 99% of bath and hair products in the bathroom are mine, including 2 different scrubs and 2 different shower foams on the shelf at 1 time. I like to change about. I scrub twice a week. It helps my body moisturiser absorb better and makes my skin soft. :D The bag (according to the receipt it costs S$35.90?) and Passion Fruit Shower Gel (retails for S$12.90) are gifts-with-purchase. I was asking the SA if I could just have 2 bottles of shower gel instead, but she said, "Sorry, no." LOL. We had a giggle over it but hell, I don't like this bag! Oh well. It's "free". Keke. Oh, and the Divine Calm Massage Oil (retails for S$18.90, on sale for S$12.90) is good. I use it for DIY head massages and it helps with relaxation or soothing a headache (but nothing beats a Zomig for the killer migraine, I admit). 001copy By the way, Etude House is finally in Singapore!! I happened to be there today, on opening day. They were giving out a free mask sheet to visitors but I didn't see any other promos going on (maybe there were some but I didn't have time to check). I didn't buy anything, nor did I have time to talk to the SAs. It was packed liked sardines in there!! It's a small shop at basement 1 of Plaza Singapura, but rather cute! I love the pink-pink-pink decor, even the SAs were dressed in pink. Here's a look at what they are marketing as their best-sellers. 002copy A quick check around allowed me to see that prices are not too expensive. Offhand, I think they didn't jack up the prices too much higher than Korea. I'll do a better review of the shop next time when I have more time to spend browsing around. :D holiday 011copy Oh I hope they bring in Lee Min Ho as their spokesman for a special visit in Singapore!! He's plastered all over Etude House in Korea (together with Ikko-chan, who's like the guru for all makeup/skincare that everyone must listen to, lol). *sigh* Why didn't they bring Lee Min Ho in for opening day? Well, anyway, hope you all have a good weekend ahead! I love the weekends. :D © Copyright. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Yay to masking and great sales! :) Awesome stash you got there. *sigh* Wish we had an Etude house here. Have a great weekend!

Whitney & the full effect said...

yay! how fun! i wish they had one in the states :(

Jamilla Camel said...

You are just like me! When I go out shopping for food, Jamal tells me to get something to eat for lunch and not buy a lipstick,lol!

Good girl for taking your meds!! Keep feeling better!

Edtude House = <3

miRaCLe said...

wow!!!! GREAT NEWS indeed!! :D
I went to PS from last sunday till wed!! 4 days in a row~~ but didn't notice any poster saying about Etude house opening!:(
Gotta make sometime down to PS again~~~ :p

Thanks for Sharing!! ^^

xoxo

♥sormui♥ said...

ahhh soo lucky!! i cant wait for more etude house!

MiuMiu said...

i think it's funny how there's a best seller flyer already..when it just opened in singapore hehe

Laura L said...

oh, etude house in S'pore. great great.

Naomi said...

Etude House is there? That's great! Now you have better access! Etude House nail polishes are so addicted lol They are so cheap and cute. I started collecting them! :)btw, hope you get completely well.

Anonymous said...

lee min ho is <3