Thursday 11 June 2009

Reviews: Fancl, DHC, and Kanebo Cleansing Oils

Today I will review 3 Cleansing Oils that I've tried these past few months: DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil, FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil and Blanchir Make Off Conditioner First, FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil. 015copy I normally use Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil to remove everything, including my eye makeup, then use a foaming cleanser after. I'm actually a committed long-time user of Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. I even prefer it over Shu Uemura, which I tried in the past. I find Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil is almost the perfect Cleansing Oil for me: not too pricey (oh well, it's expensive compared to Japan but still affordable here in Singapore), not too thick or oily, doesn't irritate my eyes or seep into my eyes at all, and cleans off even the most stubborn eyeliner (eg. Make Up Forever) and mascara (eg. Majorlica Majorca). I don't even have to rub hard (in fact you're advised not to) so there's no tugging on my skin and eye area, which is another big plus point for me. This Cleansing Oil is not only for people with dry or sensitive skin, even people with oily skin can use it as it is really very light. It also doesn't have any scent and rinses cleanly away with water. Next, DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil. 003copy After I had some success using DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, I wanted to try DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil. I found DHC Deep Cleansing Oil abit heavy for long-term use, so I bought DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil when I was in Tokyo. Also mostly because of the very pretty pink container! I just finished my only bottle of Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, so I opened up my bottle of DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil. I read that DHC uses the same technology as Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil. So, I thought that DHC would be a nice alternative. Boy, was I wrong. Although I love most DHC products, I think DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil isn't as good as Fancl. DHC only cleans off my face makeup (ie. BB Cream, powder etc.) but leaves a dark smudge of eye makeup around my eyes. In fact, due to this, I begin to doubt the efficacy of the DHC Cleansing Oil at removing even my face makeup. Texture wise, DHC's about the same as Fancl but I also don't quite like the strong floral scent in DHC's.
Since I was committed to finishing my products, I was thinking I should continue to use this cleansing oil until it's completely finished. However, after writing this review, it occured to me that maybe DHC isn't doing a good enough job cleaning my face, so I had to go buy some Fancl Cleansing Oil! Hence, I didn't succeed in my goal to use up stuff before opening new ones.
Too bad I didn't have enough luggage space and chose not to stock up on Fancl Cleansing Oil and Fancl Sunguard. They are my 2 HG Fancl items! (I'll talk more about sun protection in the next post). I made a quick calculation that it's best to buy Fancl from Robinsons where I get a 5% rebate. Then, the price difference between Fancl in Japan and Singapore is a bit easier to take, though still quite substantial. Finally, I have another cleansing oil to review, Blanchir Make Off Conditioner. 016copy Blanchir Make Off Conditioner suffers the same problem as DHC's. I find the eye make up is not removed thoroughly. I also feel it's abit too thick and sticky for my liking. It is hard to spread and takes abit more "rough" massaging action to clean the face. The plus point is that it doesn't have any strong scent and it was free (cause they were samples that the SA gave me).
Needless to say, Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil is my HG and the other 2 pale in comparison to it! I will leave the other 2 cleansing oils for days when I'm using only light makeup.
© Copyright. All rights reserved.

13 comments:

Yumeko said...

i dont like the dhc cleansing oil which is why i didnt bother trying the mild one

did u try orbis' cleansing oil? i cant remember

at the moment i am using lancome bifacil which removes the mascara really well but my mufe liner does not seem to be removed

maybe i gottta try the fancl?

Anonymous said...

I don't like the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil either, I find the oil rather thick and difficult to work with. It's also a little drying. I agree with you, light oils are better for dry, sensitive skin types ("thin" skin). I'm interested in trying the Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil soon after I finish with my Sana Nameraka Honpo Cleansing Oil. I'm not sure where to purchase it online though, but I'll take a look around. Thanks for the reviews! :)

FriendzCentury said...

I love the Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, it's my HG too, as I've been using it for years.

It removes every trace of my waterproof makeup other than Majolica Majorca and Helena Rubinstein mascaras, so I tried the Lancome bi-facil before using the Fancl, which gives me a better result.

Shop N' Chomp said...

great post. i am using shu uemura now but may have to look into this fancl mild one.

sesame said...

I have been thinking of using either Fancl or DHC. Now I know which to go for. Thanks for the review!

fuzkittie said...

Another FANCL rave! I've been meaning to get the FANCL one after seeing how much Snowkei likes it!

miRaCLe said...

I used to use Fancl mild cleansing for years too!! i found it really easy to use.. ^^ but i still need a separate eye make up remover to remove my mascara :/
and i wanted to try other product :p

so i switched to bioderma sensibio cleansing water! ^^
a very troublesome make up remover.. but after using the bioderma sebium cleansing water (the SA told me it suits better for my acne skin) i find that my face is less oily ^^

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the reviews! I can't believe you like the Fancl better than Shu!

As a sometime contact lens wearer, I've always shied away from oil makeup removers.

Laura L said...

oh , i think the johnson baby oil works pretty nice too!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

How much does it cost for a Fancl remover ? I always want to try on Fancl but i don't think I c any Fancl in Msia...

stellarvixen said...

good review!
i was a bit upset about my DHC cleansing oil as it doesnt perform as good as shu uemura T.T
give it away to my sista :P

thick heavy smelly oil and doesn't remove my fiber mascara & eyeliner effectively even i massage thoroughly..gotta agree wif innerchild there!

need to give fancl a try then! or the kose sofymo..

MiuMiu said...

oohh i wanna try the fancl one now...i'm currently using orbis and it seems to work pretty well. it's not like super runny so it doesn't run down your face while you're massaging it.

Anonymous said...

Too bad DHC isn't available in Singapore. i would love to try their products.