Friday 15 May 2009

Award and Friendly Bloggers

Adin very kindly gave me this award! Thank you so much! Terms & Conditions For the Award Recipient: 1. Paste the Award Logo in your blog 2. Give out the award to 10 Blogs that you feels the most inspired and most friendly. 3. Make sure u back linked the recipients' blogs to your blog. 4. Inform the recipients about the award by leaving them comments on their blog 5. Give some love to the person who give you this award. Can I be fair and nominate all my blog followers? So far, I've all the beauty bloggers I've encountered have been very friendly and inspiring, I can't bear to leave anyone out. :D Take for example many commented in my previous post, leaving good advice and helpful tips. In particular, there was Cacaopack who left a very detailed and informative comment for me on sunscreens. I hope Cacaopack doesn't mind if I reproduce it here for everyone's benefit. Thank you, Cacaopack! Now I know why my face remain fair without needing reapplication of sunscreen. I use Fancl Sunguard for my face. It is one of the stable sunscreens you recommended! I guess now, I should use it on my body too, so that my arms will remain fair and I don't need to reapply every 2-3 hours. :D

"Hi there, may I share with you a little bit more on sunscreen? :)

Get one that is stable, meaning the protection is good for at least 8 hours thus no need to reapply. Recommended stable sunscreen in this aspect is Avene Very High Protection series, they have 3 version cater to different skin type: cream , emulsion and lotion spray.

Another good ones are Heliocare Gel and Fancl Sunguard. Many sunscreen brands out there are not stable, meaning the ingredients do not interact well with each other thus causing unstability and protection loses its effect in 3 hours or so. this is usually why some people find themselves getting darker and having spots although they do slather sunscreen. And yes for unstable sunscreen you would need to reapply every 3-4 hours to prevent it produce free radical which is even more harmful to skin. so to save the hassle, just grab a stable sunscreen :)

Check the ingredients stated, AVOID avobenzone also known as butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, at all costs. Minimum SPF 30PA+++, for Japanese/Korean formulation. PPD15 and above, for European formulation. Broad Spectrum Protection, the wording printed on the bottle/tube. Hypo-Allergenique – Non Comedogene, the wording printed on the bottle/tube.

*pai-say* for the long post, just wanna share with what i learnt, if only i know earlier, i have the brown spots... :(

Oh ya, for swimming is definitely another story, confirm need to reapply, frequency depends on the sunscreen used whether is water-resistent or water-proof.

Cheers,

From Cacaopack"

Thank you so much, Cacaopack! © Copyright. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Laura L said...

aww, u are so sweet my dear. wah, no need "pai-seh" haha xD
u have good knowledge about the sunscreen, thanks for the info!

miRaCLe said...

wow!! great info!! thanks for re-posting it! ^^

Minoueel said...

thanks for reproducing the comment. It's really very insightful! Time for me to invest a sunscreen for my body as my arms are a different shade from my hands (I use a handcream with SPF) and face.

pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie said...

That's really insightful. Thanks Cacaopack and Aichaku :)

I also agree that beauty bloggers are a beautiful bunch. The ones I've met so far are simply lovely.

fuzkittie said...

Wow VERY useful info from Cacaopack!!!