Friday 29 May 2009

Reviews: Face Washes and Seikisho Soap

As part of my skincare routine, I wash my face with a foaming cleanser in the mornings. At night, I use oil cleanser (I'm using Fancl now) to remove makeup, then double-cleanse with a foaming cleanser. I don't need much from the foaming cleanser: As long as it rinses off clean, removes traces of the oil cleansers and doesn't strip my skin dry, I'll be happy. Despite buying many things recently while on holiday, I've ofcourse forgotten to buy foaming cleanser, one of the most basic beauty/skincare items. So, I've been using my stash of samples. Here's my review of some of them. 002copy Not pictured: Shiseido Revital Cleansing Foam II: I loved it. It had the ability to clean off the oils and grime of the day yet leave the skin supple and moist. Negative thing is it's expensive here in Singapore. (Silly me, I didn't research Japan's Shiseido Revital prices) If it were not so expensive, I might buy a full tube of it. Pictured (L-R): Shiseido The Skin Care Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam: Not too bad. Slightly more drying than Revital Cleansing Foam. Didn't feel that it helped the skin retain moisture. Just a rather standard, functional and usable cleansing foam. I personally wouldn't buy a full tube of this though. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Gel: I didn't like this. Didn't foam at all and left an oily film on the skin. It felt like I didn't wash my face! Yuck. I didn't finish this sample. But hang on!! It's supposed to be a makeup remover! I only just found out. I'm sure the SA didn't tell me. :p I've been using it wrongly. :p :p Kanebo Blanchir Clay Wash Conditioner: It doesn't foam but it cleans well by removing the oils. It feels like it does deep cleanse the pores. Although it doesn't strip the skin taut and dry, it does feel a tad too drying, especially when used in the mornings. I'm undecided about whether I will buy a full size of this one. When I was in Japan in April, I saw that Blanchir is being replaced by Blanchir Superior. The Superior range doesn't have a Clay Wash, so it looks like the Clay Wash is also being phased out. I still have a couple more foaming facewash samples to try and I also have a cake of what I call "Silkworm Soap" (haha). But recently, I read about Kose's Seikisho Soap on Daily Beauty Buzz and I wanted to try it out, so I bought it yesterday. 001copy I used it and felt it was quite good! It doesn't dry out the skin, cleans well, and it's not too expensive (I looked at the price in yen and I think it's not too much more expensive here in Singapore). I don't really want to spend too much on something that washes away, if you know what I mean. The negative point is it's messy. As you can see from my picture, the soap case gets mucky and etc. That's the thing about soap, but I'm quite used to using bath soaps so it's ok for me. By the way, this good experience with Kose Seikisho Soap tempted me into thinking about Kose Sekkisei products again, even though Kose has a history of causing allergic reactions in me. I was quite keen on Sekkisei Supreme. Logically though, I should buy Revital when my Blanchir supplies finish. In my previous review post, I was saying I've been using my Revital EX Whitening II Moisturiser samples and it is a better moisturiser for me. I think it's because my skin is aging and it needs more "help", which Revital is able to provide. It makes my skin soft and "dewy" (well, in my eyes it does, haha). I did do some research among the whitening ranges for "older"/more mature skin: Kose Sekkisei Supreme, Kanebo Impress and Shiseido Revital. I found that Shiseido Revital seems to have the most "promises". Besides whitening, it is targetted for anti-aging and will "attack" sagging skin, wrinkles and dullness. I asked the Kose SAs and was told Sekkisei Supreme has some anti-aging properties but that is not it's selling point. Similarly for Kanebo Impress IC. However, I just dislike the Shiseido counter SAs so much!! It makes my blood boil sometimes, to just try to ask them about stuff. That's why I haven't bought a bottle of Revital Moisturiser yet. Anyway, I'm still sooooooo undecided. I want to look at Impress a little more (I need to go check it out at upcoming Kanebo discount "event") and I still am soooo tempted by Kose. Ugh. *Skincare addict!* © Copyright. All rights reserved.

11 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

I think you should stick to the Revital range since it suits you!

Do your research online and just grab the stuff that you want at the Shiseido counter to minimize interactions with the SAs hahaha

Shop N' Chomp said...

Aw, sorry to hear the White Lucent didn't work for you. :(

Anonymous said...

I tried the Shiseido 'The Skincare' Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam and I find it drying too. Thanks for all the reviews :) I'm glad you're liking the Seikisho bar soap, I wouldn't mind trying it myself. :)

miRaCLe said...

ahh!! i read about the black soap from nicnic's blog too!! so tempting to buy!
but I don't like bar soap! :'( i dunno how to use it :p
it seems very messy! but you give good review to it too! temptation!! :p

should I? hahas!
well i should probably finish my skinfood's mandarin n parsley foam first!! >.<

JacQlin said...

hi hi try CK Tang and look for annie or baobao. They are very friendly :) Tat's another SA at Bugis, she's transferred from Tang to Taka and now to Bugis..She's very helpful

-Yu- said...

I hear the soap has great review. Does the foam come out black as well? Too bad White Lucent did not work, but that is expensive brand anyways. Save money for better skincare! ha ha

Minoueel said...

I agree with JacQlin, Tangs Orchard Shiseido counter has very helpful SA, do check them out. =)

MiuMiu said...

i agree to how you don't wanna spend too much on something that you'll wash away... so i try to find cheaper alternatives too XD
nice reviews =)

pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie said...

I liked the Kose soap too. But I had problems with it as the case AND soap does get mucky the longer I used them, so. Anyway, glad it worked for you :)

fuzkittie said...

Someone told me Impress is good? Dunno... I can't deal with the inconvenience of bar soaps! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

how much is the soap in SGD? :)