Tuesday 5 May 2009

Review: Cure Natural Aqua Gel

Here's a review of Cure. blog 014copy I used it on Sunday and so far, after 2 days, my skin has been good, no eczema or contact dermatitis, which means it hasn't reacted to the ingredients in the product! Thumbs up! I did get some small pimples. I think it's both a combination of readjusting to the local heat and humidity, plus the underlying dirt/clogged pores "purging" when I exfoliated. After a couple of days, the pimples are gone. Cure is an exfoliant, if I understand it correctly, that does not contain harsh chemicals, so it is good for even sensitive skins. My friend just passed it to me without much introduction to the product, and I actually didn't pay attention to it before, so I had to google it. I found the website http://www.japalang.sg/cure/About_Cure.html, where you can read more about it. The instructions state to use it on dry, just-cleaned skin. When the gel is applied, you are instructed to gently massage it on the skin. Slowly, white particles, which I assume are the dead skin, gets sloughed off. Then you rinse off. I did an experiment, to see if Cure produces the white particles. After exfoliating, I used it again on my chin, but no white particles were formed! So, I believe it is really the product exfoliating the skin, and it doesn't exfoliate any further than is needed to remove the unwanted dead skin. My skin was not dried out after use and there were no stinging sensations, unlike other chemical "peeling" lotions which I've used before, like those from Shills and Face Shop. So I feel this is a better product than those which use harsh chemicals. Also, my skin felt soft, rough patches were gone and was squeaky clean after I rinse off the product. It doesn't leave an oily residue. Overall, I feel this is a good product. And I might buy more for myself when I'm finished with this generous huge full-sized bottle, if I'm not distracted by other new products to try.
© Copyright. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This product looks cool~ I love peeling gel/serums. This reminds me of my Mangosteen peeling gel from Japan (you should try it if you get a chance) brand is Sweet&Sour, sold in Loft department store. Glad this worked out for you~ TY for the review

pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie said...

I've been wanting to try this pdt for ages but u know me n my skin, so ... Thanks for reviewing! :) Let me know how it goes for you in a week's time? Cya later :)

miRaCLe said...

wow!! this sounds super cool!!
feel like getting one~~
hahas!! :D
thanks for the review!!:)

Rachel said...

thanks for the review! i've heard about this before but never knew how it worked.

MiuMiu said...

this sounds like the laneige strawberry peeling gel. glad to know there's an alternative.

nancy said...

i love the cure natural aqua gel too!! had to ask a friend to buy it for me from hong kong. i love seeing the white flakes lol.