Monday 6 April 2009

Please Don't Believe The SAs ...

I'm so pissed with P&J SA and with myself. Her, for recommending me Paul & Joe Pressed Powder no.05. It is too dark!!! Applied on my face it really darkens the overall look of the face ... And I'm pissed at myself pissed for believing her ... I SUCK!! I used the powder and now I'm abit distressed at how dark it is on me. :( I called the SA at the start of her shift at 130 pm and asked her if she would to change it for me, even though I've used it already. She said ok, but 02 is not instock and she'll have to call me next week when the stock comes in. T_T Those who are NC20-25 for Mac powders, don't bother to believe the SAs when they tell you get more shimmer and a more natural look with P&J pressed powder 05. You don't. Somehow the colour looks natural swiped on the jawline but it really darkens the entire face when applied all over. T_T Anyway, I totally loved the randon answers generated by this meme, especially 7 and 9! Hence, I'm posting it here.
Meanwhile, I'm compiling an FAQ of all the questions that people asked frequently, so if you've asked a question, it will be answered there. :D

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Aichaku!

  1. On stone temples in southern India, there are more than 30 million carved images of aichaku.
  2. Aichaku can usually be found in nests built in the webs of large spiders!
  3. Aichaku can grow up to three feet in a 24 hour period.
  4. There are six towns named aichaku in the United States.
  5. American Airlines saved forty thousand dollars a year by eliminating aichaku from each salad served in first class.
  6. The water in oceans is four times less salty than the water in aichaku!
  7. Plato believed that the souls of melancholy people would be reincarnated into aichaku.
  8. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the amount of aichaku in your ear 700 times!
  9. Aichakuomancy is the art of telling the future with aichaku.
  10. Devoid of her cells and proteins, aichaku has the same chemical makeup as sea water.
I am interested in - do tell me about
© Copyright. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

MiuMiu said...

please check my blog, i'm organizing a get together =)

Jamilla Camel said...

I thought that 05 would be WAYYYYYYY too dark for you, since we seem to be about the same color and I take the second lightest shade!!

You really need to do your research and INSIST...Dior SAs in Dept. Store lighting always think I'm a 31, not a 21, but that's because of the lighting. You need to test it in natural light. SAs think I'm darker because I have rosy cheeks, then they give me somthing that leaves a tide mark on my neck!!!

Eka said...

I totally get you! I sometimes end up buying things that I don't need, like a nose strip from Beauty Credit. I could have bought three better performing nose strips had I not been sales talked by the SA. :(

AhCapp said...

Wow, I can totally feel for you when you talk about the wrong foundation colour recommended by the SAs here in Sg.

I started using my Shu pressed powder foundation yesterday. And guess what, I couldn't believe that I looked like I have sun burnt! But I did tried it out the counters u know. =(

Anyway, it was too late so I have to look sunburnt till sunset for the whole of yesterday in office. How depressing right?

As for my Lancome foundation... sigh. The SA at Isetan Scotts was also not that good in recommending colours for me. She was like, just did 2 swipes with 2 different shades. N woi-la, this one is more suitable for me. Not very confusing. =( But at least, the shade was lighter, so after oxidising, I still look ok.

I am determined to find a nicer Lancome SA this weekend at the Metro 20% off =) Wish me luck!