Tuesday 20 January 2009

Naris Wink Up Primer & Scoop on Sephora

I went to Sephora again over the weekend to try my luck at getting the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but it's not available. The SA suggested I leave my name in the telephone book, so she can reserve one for me and give me a call when stocks arrive. That's really very good service, since I didn't ask and she did it out of her own initiative. I then checked with her if our local Sephora will be likely to stock the popular brands that aren't already available here, such as Tarte, Urban Decay, Philosphy etc. She said yes, it's likely in the near future, but she's not sure when. She said these brands could be carried at the current Ngee Ann City store or at the soon to-be opened branch in the new building Ion. According to her, there will be like, 40 SA staffing the Ion Sephora branch, so it'll be a huge store. Wow! I'm excited. Is this a scoop? I'm reporting it as a scoop hahaaha since I haven't heard this news elsewhere yet. ^__^ To tide me over while waiting for Too Faced Shadow Insurance to appear on our shores, I purchased a Japanese primer from John Little. It's Naris Eye Colour Base, and has only 1 shade. I felt costs a little too much at SG$20+. I wouldn't have bought it if not for the 20% (+10%) discount I got using my Robinson's card. I used my finger to rub the primer on my lids. Hence, you can see the uneven colour on the primer in the photo. It works for me, as it helps increase the eyeshadow payoff and staying power. No caking either. I've never used any primer on my eyelids before, so I can't say it's better than other primers but my eye makeup is better with a primer than without. Final word? Primer rules! Image006copy © Copyright. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Hehe, yep eye primer is definitely great for making eye color much brighter! The Lunasol one I use right now looks similar to this one.

fuzkittie said...

Hey, just thought I'd let you know that I saw your e/s base online at Ichibankao.com. It's by Naris Up, hehe.

makeupmag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
makeupmag said...

I just bought this! I tested it with two Canmake shadows and they looked more intense over it, plus it took a bit of effort to remove them with tissue. In other words, it's pretty good! ;):)